Chapter 9
Type and Typography
I never knew Typograpghy was a thing. Type is a character or letterform created for the purpose of communicating written information on paper or electronically. Typography still isn't clear to me what is considered under that category. I understand that it is the art of designing and arranging type. I've seen pictures of a bunch of words jumbled together to make a picture, but could wording on an ad be considered Typography?
Stroke, Contrast, and Stress
I never really paid that close attention to the font. I knew what a thin stroke looked like and a thin stroke. The thing that surprised me the most was the difference in each font. Some fonts can be both thin and thick. While other strokes were thick strokes. For whatever reason, the high contrast and low contrast in my head should be flipped. The thicker stoke fonts should be a high contract.

Comments
Post a Comment